This video is a must-see for anyone considering medication or who have been on osteoporosis medication. Watch this riveting presentation.
What the package includes:
One-hour video with Dr. Simpson’s colorful slide presentation
Downloadable notes for your viewing to follow the presentation
Fact: Some people diagnosed with osteoporosis do not have osteoporosis
Some people who have NOT been diagnosed with osteoporosis do have osteoporosis
This conundrum is answered in this presentation. Some of the topics covered include:
- Osteoporosis definition
- How bone cells work to break down bone and how they build bone
- The difference between bone strength, bone density and bone quality
- Troubling side effects of some bone drugs
- Atypical femur fracture
- Bisphosphonate, medications discussed (Bisphosphonates including Fosomax, Reclast, Actonel), and Prolia, and Forteo
- How the FDA ended up with a black box warning on these medications
- Insufficiency fracture
- What your doctors need to know
- Are stress fractures of the metatarsal and insufficiency fractures possibly related to bisphosphonates’ use?
- How thigh pain can be a sign of potential, impending fracture of the femur and those with long term bisphosphonates use
- How proper lab work is needed before and during treatment with bone medication of any type
- Learn about how many people are taking bone medications who do not need them
- Learn just who might need to consider bone medications and which ones.
This is part of the “Be Your Health Expert” series.
What others had to say about the BYOHE program:
“Lani has a wonderful ease of presentation style. Her presentations are well researched and documented. The prepared notes are excellent. Bonnie R.
“Dr. Simpson has the ability to explain an enormous amount of information backed by scientific evidence and great humor” Kirstin B, L.Ac.
“Lani offers balanced and a powerful presentations.” She empowers laypeople so they can make informed decisions regarding their lifestyle choices and health care needs.” Lisa, M.D.
“Dr. Simpson is one of the best teachers I have experienced – love the notes” Kerry H.
“Dr. Simpson and Judy Lane are aware of the most current updates on hormone and menopause issues. All women should watch and re-watch this important presentation” Paula T, D.C., LAc.