The health of our bones can be impacted by hundreds of things including: hormones, nutrients, medications, anxiety, depression, digestive health and even sinus infections that drain our energy, to name a few. Our overall health is dependent on healthy bones.
Our new Facebook group will allow in-depth analysis to further educate attendees so that they can be informed consumers. The group will provide answers to your questions and suggestions for further steps you may need for your individual health situation.
• On the 4th Wednesday of the month: Dr. Lani’s No-Nonsense Bone Health Guide: Each month we will read one chapter of Dr. Lani’s book. We will meet for discussion, plus new studies will be included.
• Second Wednesday of the month: One-hour Presentation, featuring Dr. Simpson. Expert guest speakers will join us.
◦ A recording will posted the following Saturday for review and those who could not attend.
• If you cannot attend the live presentations, you will be able to access a recording for a one-month period. You can also submit questions prior to the event that may added to the live event.
• Videos and articles regarding osteoporosis and other health conditions
• Fractures – what they mean and what you need to know should you end up in an emergency room. What questions to ask before submitting to surgeries.
• PAIN – WHAT IS CAUSING IT AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT – diagnosis is important for those suffering from acute or chronic pain. What do you need to make sure has been ordered on your behalf? Has surgery been recommended? What do you need to know about various types of surgery? What nutrients may help? What topical creams may help? Each of the topics below will likely be a separate presentation. I will show x-rays, MRIs, anatomy images to help you visualize your particular problem.
◦ Hip and loser back pain
◦ Shoulder pain
◦ Knee pain
◦ Neck pain
◦ Abdominal pain
◦ Pain in other areas
• How to check your own bone density tests for obvious errors - tips to look for regarding the diagnostic pages and the reliability of the report
• Osteoarthritis how to prevent and treat
• Testing bone quality – Trabecular Bone Score
• FRAX: Understanding the 10-year fracture model.
• New research commentary videos
• The link between heart disease and osteoporosis
• Scoliosis and osteoporosis
• Anomalies and how they may impact osteoporosis in the spine.
• SPINE: structural and functional problems. Topics include: stenosis, degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and more.
• Medications and their impact on bone
• Latest studies regarding osteoporosis medications
• Pregnancy and lactation osteoporosis
• Case studies: osteoporosis, hypothyroidism, hormone imbalances
• Sinus infections and sinus care
• Digestion tips
• Demystifying nutrients needed for bone health
• Protein, how much and what type do we need.
• How to get a good night’s sleep – pillows, props, mattresses, Oh my!
• Primary Hyperparathyroidism
• Lab tests to determine whether or not active bone loss is occurring.
• Case studies using people in the group and others I have worked with
• Exercise videos and body mechanics - upper body weights. How to perform certain exercises correctly etc.