Join Dr. Lani's Bone Health Master Class
Our bone health can be impacted by many conditions: The Master Class is designed to help you understand to become an informed patient. The professional LIVE interviews typically include notes for the presentation. Dr. Lani Tackles the underlying causes of active bone loss and educates you to know if you have been fully diagnosed properly. Following are some of the topics that she has produced.
Did you know:
- women can lose 20% of their bone mass following menopause
- Bone density tests can be incorrect
- Most doctors of any persuasion do not understand how to assess bone health on an individual basis
- Most doctors do not order a full bone health lab analysis
- Too much or too little vitamin D can result in bone loss and can also impact the health of your heart
- Problems with the Thyroid, Parathyroid, kidneys or autoimmune conditions can result in active bone loss
- One bone density test does not reflect active bone loss
- Chronic insomnia and anxiety can result in bone loss
- Advanced osteoporosis can be associated with Heart disease
- Most fractures occur because people fall
The master class provides interviews with experts on the many aspects of bone and joint heath. Some of the topics will include: Hormone balancing, hormones, kidney health, nutrients, medications, anxiety, depression, heart health, digestive health and even sinus infections that drain our energy. Our overall health is dependent on healthy bones.
Webinars are LIVE and will include Q&A. All members will receive a link to the recording within 5 days of the live event. When you join you will receive the previous webinar and the first webinar. Other past recordings will be available in the near future.
Dr. Lani’s No-Nonsense bone Health Guide will be used as a guide for some of the webinars. Rereading appropriate chapters will help you understand additional information that Dr. Lani will present.
What is included in your membership?
- Dr. Lani offers 3-4 LIVE webinars for our group monthly. Most of the presentations and interviews have notes. These presentations are top-notch with slides, x-rays or whatever else Dr. Lani needs to help you understand various conditions.
- Upon joining you will receive 3 previous webinars including notes when notes are appropriate.
- We have some past webinars in our store. We are working on a discount code for a pack of 3 webinars and a full list of webinars that have been completed
- You receive links to webinars, notes and links to upcoming webinars for Zoom via email.
ZOOM Wednesdays LIVE webinars
5:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
September 2nd: SLEEP and our bones
Dr. Lani will help us unlock how to reset our circadian rhythm. What is the deal with melatonin? Should we take it? Is it good for our bones?If you have her book, Dr. Lani's No Nonsense Sun Health Guide - have it available as we will follow the chapter on Circadian Rhythm. Will melatonin help with covid? This is circulating on the Internet - what do studies show?
September 9th: no meeting
September 16th: Know the Skin You are in
Our skin is our largest organ. Join Dr. Lani as she discusses skin health and yes, skin health and bone health are related. She will cover topics from her latest book.Dr. Lani's No Nonsense Sun Health Guide
September 23rd HORMONES Interview with Lisa Keller MD, OBGYN
I have known Dr. Keller for 25 years. Many years ago we worked together at my Menopause, PMS and Osteoporosis Clinic. Dr. Keller will discuss her unique take on hormone therapy pros and cons. I love this woman - don't miss the interview.
Join our Master Class as we delve deeper into health issues we all should know about so we can drive our own health care and be informed when discussing with a healthcare provider.
Past recordings -Do you want access to past presentations? Some are offered individually for purchase – click here to check them out. https://lanisimpson.com/collections/all
- Interview: Dr. Elliott Schwartz MD is one of the top bone specialists and nephrologists in the country. We will discuss bone markers, 24-hour urine test, and his experience with bone medications, including Prolia.
- BEAUTIFUL SLEEP! What Causes Insomnia?
Insomnia and alternative treatment options and a look at current medications.
- Insomnia Part Two
- SUGAR CRAVINGS - is it simply a matter of willpower?
- Vitamin C and Our Bones
- Sinus Infections: Alternative treatments - Beyond Neti Pots
- Femur Bone Density and Fracture Risk
- What is your risk of fracturing your hip/femur bone? Dr. Lani will review Total Hip and Femur Neck bone density analysis, including FRAX– 10-year fracture prediction model. Common errors will be reviewed - have your bone density tests available, with images, to see if your test is correct.
- The Salty Truth
What role does salt play in our bone and kidney health? How much results in calcium loss?
- Hip Pain: Causes and Diagnosis
- Osteoporosis and Fractures
- Osteoporosis fractures occur when the bones are in poor health. However, some fractures do involve some trauma, but do they reflect the health of our bones?
Kidneys and our Bones: Interview and Presentation with John R. Asplin MD
Dr. Asplin is a well-respected nephrologist and has presented at Osteoporosis conferences.
Q&A with Dr. Simpson
Discussion about vertebral fracture assessment and some information regarding fractures and density testing.
Fractures, Facts and Fears Part One
What do fractures indicate? How bones fracture and why?
Bone Density Testing
Get your bone density test results ready. If you haven’t done so already, please try to get the diagnostic pages from the bone density facility that did your scans. You can look at the back of Dr. Lani’s book to see the pages.
Hormones! Interview and discussion with Dr. Lani, and Judy Lane, NP
There is a lot of confusion regarding the use of hormones for bone health. Women can lose as much as 20% of their bone density following menopause. This typically impacts small framed women.
Osteoporosis Medications: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Lani interviews Jennifer Schneider MD, Ph.D
Book reading: Read chapter in Dr. Lani’s book on medications
- Osteo-Arthritis with Dr. Lani Simpson
INTERVIEW: Discover What’s New with Vitamin K2? Bone Health and Beyondwith Kate Rheaume-Bleue, ND who is the author of, Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox: How a Little-Known Vitamin Could Save Your Life. Heart and bones benefit from K2 in the right amount.
Parathyroid Disease: Interview with parathyroid expert, Deva Boone MD.Sheis a parathyroid expert who specializes in parathyroid surgery at the Norman Parathyroid Center. Learn about the importance of understanding your blood calcium and vitamin D levels.
Lab Tests Needed to Assess Bone Health with Dr. Lani.
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, CBC, PTH-Intact, Hormones, Thyroid. cortisol and more.
Pregnancy and Lactation Osteoporosis: Case study with Guest
This webinar will focus on bone loss during pregnancy and who’s at risk.
Lani will discuss her own case. She was diagnosed with osteoporosis in her mid-40s. She is now 70 years of age. Bone density and lab tests will be discussed along with what her own program has been over the years. You may be surprised!
14th Annual Update on Osteoporosis and Skeletal Health.
Lani will discuss new medical information from the bone conference. Don't miss this update on bone medications, trabecular bone score, kidney disease and much more.
Shoulder and Knee Surgery with orthopedic surgeon Robert Purchase. We will hear the opinion of a surgeon who operates on bone and what he experiences while he is cutting into bone. Frozen shoulder and other shoulder conditions will be highlighted.
- Live Q&A with Dr. Lani
What Is Your Personal Fracture Risk?
Assessing Your Personal Fracture Risk. Using the FRAX 10-year fracture model. How accurate is FRAX? Does it speak to you? Please read the Chapter in Dr. Lani's Book on FRAX. How does
Nutrition and Bone Health
Simpson will use the Nutrition Chapter in her book as a guide for this webinar. What about all the diets that are promoted, from so many sources and health care providers? Are they good for your bone health? Vegan, Keto diet, Mediterranean diet are just three that will be discussed. What nutrients do you need? Can we get all our calcium from our food?
Part One: Could it be Your Thyroid? Part One
Could it be Your Adrenals or Both?
This webinar will focus on testing and symptoms for thyroid and adrenal function. Symptoms include: Anxiety, sleep disorders, depression, bone loss, dry skin, hair loss, cold and/or heat intolerance, weight gain (however, many have low weight) and a slew of other symptoms. Tests can be normal, and you can still have a thyroid or adrenal problem. There will be one or two additional webinars in this series as there is a lot to learn.
Could it be Your Thyroid? Part Two
Could it be Your Adrenals or Both?
- Lani Reviews Exercise Programs for Osteoporosis
- What is Causing that Back Pain? Presentation with Dr. Lani Simpson - Sciatica, stenosis, muscle, ligaments, disc herniation, degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis
Interview with Didier Hans PhD., MBA, LIVE from Switzerland - Trabecular Bone Score from the doctor that developed it, Dr. Didier Hans, PhD. MBA
LIVE Q&A with Dr. Lani: What is the relationship between Vitamin B12, other B vitamins and our Bone Health. Finally, the latest on Boron - are high doses safe or even good for our bones?
What is Causing that neck pain? Dr. Lani will present common conditions that result in neck pain, plus she will demonstrate exercises for a healthy cervical home care.
Digestion: Bone Health, Gut Health - with Laura Knoff, B.S., Certified Nutrition Consultant. Join Laura and I for a lively discussion regarding digestion issues.
Stress, Cortisol, Adrenaline, and Osteocalcin - New studies reveal stunning information about how our bodies respond to stress, especially bone!
Dr. Ott's Calculation Tool for Bone Density.
How do you use this tool? Dr. Lani will go over how to use this tool and how to incorporate this tool in bone density diagnostics. Small, medium and large bones will be discussed. Measure your wrist size before the webinar. What other information can we glean from DXA reports? What other issues increase or decrease your fracture risk?
How Alkaline Can You Be? The acid Alkaline Debate
How important is an Alkaline Diet? Overrated? There is a lot of information on the internet regarding maintaining an alkaline diet. How important is this for our health and our bones? Can we be too alkaline? Do we need to purchase alkaline machines for our water? What are the risks of being too acidic? Does our urine pH inform us of anything useful?
Dr. Lani Reviews New Case Studies that will include Bone Density and Lab Results:Dr. Lani will focus on the GRAY area - who is in the gray area? The gray area is an area where you may or may not need medications for your bones. Have you fractured? Does it count as a risk factor? So much to discuss about this topic - don't miss this presentation.